Mr. McAuliffe takes the time to get to know his clients and analyze their needs. He understands the need to promptly communicate with his clients and will often do so outside of normal working hours. As a result of his efforts, he is paid many compliments from clients, including the largest compliment of all: referrals to potential new clients. Rather than simply being an advocate for his clients, he often provides significant counseling and advice.
A graduate of the University of Colorado School of Law, Mr. McAuliffe has spent his entire legal career in private practice in Colorado. He continues to enjoy his career and looks forward to helping his clients every day. Married to a Doctor of Physical Therapy and the father of an outstanding college student, he enjoys motorcycling, skiing and travel.
- Darling Milligan Horowitz PC 2015 – Present
- Horowitz & Burnett, P.C. 2009 – 2015
- Pearson Horowitz & Burnett, P.C. 2000 – 2009
- James D. King & Associates 1993 – 2000
- Accetta & McWilliams, P.C. 1992 – 1993
- Law Offices of John D, Gehlhausen, P.C. 1990 – 1992
Professional Affiliations & Admissions
Admitted to bar: 1988 Colorado; 1990 U.S. District Court, District of Colorado, 1991, U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
Appellate Opinions (Reported)
- Jarrett v. Sheridan (In re the Estate of Sheridan), 117 P.3d 39 (Colo. App. 2004)
- Collins v Scott, 943 P.2d 20 (Colo. App. 1996)
- Romero V. International Harvester Co., 979 F.2d 1444 (10th Cir. 1992)
- Grahn v. Truck Ins. Exchange, 827 P.2d 571 (Colo. App. 1991)
- Numerous unreported appellate decisions
Notable Publications and Articles
- Author: “The Employer in the Empty Chair” 40 Trial Talk 332 (Dec. 1991).
- Michigan State University (1979 – 1980)
- University of Lowell (n/k/a University of Massachusetts Lowell) (B.S. Law and Justice, Mathematics Minor (Computer Science Option) 1983)
- University of Colorado School of Law (J.D. with Tax Emphasis, 1988)